Monday, February 15, 2010

Learning to Live

I guess finding a unique path has something to do with truly loving yourself, having the courage to be honest and doing the work that is required for growth. I have to admit that I don't like the growing pains. I don't know if anyone really does, but for the first time in my life, I feel like I can deal with the pain. I focus so much on being perfect and not making mistakes that I miss out on so many wonderful opportunities. Well no more! I refuse to sit on the sidelines of my own life and watch it go by, waiting for someone or something to start my life for me. The only person that can live my life is me and the only person I need approval from is God. The funny thing is that he did that over 2,000 years ago and I still think I have something to prove.

Where has this new strength come from? I'm not sure, but I'm willing to bet that God had something to do with it. I now look forward to the future with a sense that I can actually do a great job at whatever comes my way. So this is what it feels like.

No comments:

Post a Comment